We had the film 2 characters swapping a bag in such a way that it seemed planned, and connotes some form of action.
The lesson after we filmed, we had a quick re-cap on using final cut pro, as well as soundtrack pro and livetype. This allowed us to insert our memory cards, use our video drive and begin an edit.
The editing process required precision and flow, and we managed to produce a rough cut within the hour, then finalized it after a break. The next step was inserting a soundtrack, made via loops in soundtrack pro.
I decided to use a 'drone' for the first part of the movie, until the pace increased nearer the bag swap where i added some bassy drums and an electronic melody.
The drone is typical of horror and thriller movies and is very effective in creating a sinister atmosphere.
Adding and selecting sounds in soundtrack pro.
Arranging the sound sn the 'arrange' screen
Notice the film in sync with the music in a small display at the side.
Trying out backgrounds and fonts in livetype.
Arranging the whole thing together back in final cut.